In this step of my designing process, I am going to be showing you examples of cover models that other magazines have used in the past and my own individual models and why I chose them.
Cover Models
Usually in dance magazines, it is conventional to have one model that is on the cover and featured in the double page spread. This means that this model will be recognizable to the audience. I think that this is common just for an easier production process and to successfully create a main theme for that specific issue. Below I am including just another example of a singular model as the main person on the cover.
Inside Models
From what I have seen from my research on the table of contents and double-page spreads, there is a mix of single photos and multiple different photos of a single dancer. Personally, I want to incorporate multiple pictures on both the table of contents and the double-page spread. The model that will be on the cover page will also be included inside the magazine, with other models as well. I have included an example of a double-page spread and I could not find another example of contents.
My models
I selected my models through my sister. My sister competitively dances for a studio that is very ethnic. I went to the studio and told the dancers about my project and my sisters friends have agreed to be my models (I have included pictures of the girls below). All of the models are in high school (aged between 13-18). All of the models have different skin colors and looks which will create diversity in my magazine. I am very excited to display how they are going to use their talents to create the pictures. I have chosen girls and one boy to take photos of. With my sisters dance studio's schedule being so unpredictable, I might be able to add another girl model to the photoshoot and if I do, I will make sure to mention and add a picture of her.
My sister Sophia
Links:
-https://www.dancemagazine.com/st/magazines
-https://www.dancing-times.co.uk/june-2018/
- https://www.dancing-times.co.uk/feb_16/
-https://www.dancing-times.co.uk/october-2020-issue/








No comments:
Post a Comment