Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Masthead✏️🤖

For this step, I am going through different designs and fonts for my masthead/title. I have decided to pick between "Pose" and "Attitude". I chose both for now because when I am in the process of designing my cover page, I will choose which headline looks better with the fonts that I pick. 


(Emily in Paris: Rumble Brave Vintage Font)

The first font that I found was from a television show "Emily in Paris". I fell in love with the font because it is very appealing to look at and it is french (like my headline's meaning). I think the font displays a different look than the usual dance magazine and it gives the magazine personality. I personally like the font with the two headlines when it is spaced out. Pose looks better with this font than attitude does because I am not a fan of the letter T. Usually, the masthead color is dependent on the color scheme of the cover page which means that depending on my color scheme I will change the color from black to something else. This font also reminds me of a gothic look and might not look as good with the style and genre of my magazine.



(Vogue: Didot font)

For this font, I prefer it when it is closer together. I personally like how the font is thick than thin in certain areas. The font is also wider than the first font which I like too. I think that the font displays a formal but minimalist look that would not crowd the cover page. This font is what Vogue uses as their headline and looks the best with "attitude".  
(Onyx font)

I also prefer this font when it is spaced out. It gives the headline a cleaner look. For this font, I think that "pose" looks the best. This last style I enjoy the most because it is very bold and in your face and pops right when you look at it. I had my mother look at all of the fonts and she said that this style grabs the eye faster and is more elegant looking. This is most likely going to be the font that I will use when I am designing my magazine. I will also most likely use another color than black but I will not decide anything now until I am in the designing process.






No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR #4️⃣💤

How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?  I used Piktochart to create my infographic for my fin...