In this process of designing my magazine, I am picking and choosing what my models will be wearing for the photoshoots.
Clothing
Usually in dance magazines, what is commonly seen is the style of clothing that fits the style of dance that the dancer specializes in. The colors also depend on the color scheme of that months issue. The outfit of the model and pose given to the model sets the tone for what the magazine will include on the inside. For my magazine, I think that having a variety of different styles and colors of clothing will give it a youthful and fun look. Some things that I will definitely have is black and white outfits to get the best shot possible. I am also going for different, not trendy.
Since I do not have access to a professional studio, my photos will not look anything like these but what I am trying to show you is the unique clothing style of the dancer and how it makes the photo.
Hair
In the magazines, the women will usually have their hair up while men have whatever style of hair that they have. What I noticed is that when the dancers hair is up it is usually in a bun or a pony tail. Since the pulled back hair does not distract the viewer from the dancers pose, I think this is why it it common to find up styled hair rather than hair being down but that is still an option if one of my models likes her hair down better.
All photos are from @dancers.on.insta
Extra
Since my models are under the age of 18, they are generally not going to be wearing makeup on a day to day basis, I do not want my models to wear heavy but minimal makeup. For example, my models can wear mascara and lip gloss/lip stick. As for jewelry, I do not want my models wearing it. I think it can be distracting to the eye for either natural or synthetic lighting and I just want the focus on the athleticism and the dancer.







No comments:
Post a Comment