In this post I will be talking about the types of lighting that I will be using for my photos and where all of my photos will be taken. If all goes according to plan than I believe that my photos will be very good.
Lighting
In the professional sense, the lighting that is used is studio lights and the pictures are usually taken with a backdrop and 3-4 lights around the subject. Sometimes the lights can even be different colors to add more effects to the photo. Since I personally cannot afford to spend thousands of dollars are backdrops and lights, I am being creative with usually natural lighting. Yes, natural lighting can be difficult to use if you are not able to get the right angle and tend to have an overabundance of light, I will try to go into overcast areas or take my photos at around 4 where the sun is setting. Since my dancers are also ethic, I will be able to create a beautiful "golden hour" shot that will contrast the setting sun with their skin.
Location
Florida is by far one of the best places to take photos in nature. I am located near a beach and the everglades. I am going to try to use both of these natural studios and take my dance photos at the beach and right in my back yard of a golf course on the sawgrass. I am taking the photos on grass and on the beach because it is a soft surface so if the dancers are doing jumping pictures than there is a better chance of them not hurting themselves. I am also planning on taking my pictures in the early morning hours or when the sun is starting to set so I don't have problems with harsh lighting.
Links:
-https://petapixel.com/2017/12/13/shoot-dancers-4-simple-tips/
-https://www.tinydancersamongus.com/photos/Mason-Jade-Ft.-Lauderdale-FL
-https://www.ronmckinneyphoto.com/dance-overview




No comments:
Post a Comment