In this step of designing my magazine, I will be showing you what color palettes I will be using to design the 3 features. The color palettes will be for the text colors and to help me when I am editing my pictures. The selected palettes might be used for a different page in the magazine, but I will not know until I start designing. I used https://coolors.co/ to find color palette's that I liked.
Cover
I chose this palette for the cover solely based on the fact that I just love the colors and how they compliment each other. My polls also came back showing that for the color scheme on the cover, nudes and neutral colors had the highest percentage. Since my pictures will be taken in nature and natural lighting, my color scheme will not blend into the background but stand out on the cover. For the headline, I am dead set on using "English lavender" (the second to last color) or "Old lavender" (the last color). These colors are bold and will pop off the page against a blue sky background. Also, which ever color I don't use for the headline, I will use for the subheadings because the color will also draw eyes onto the text because of the bold coloring. I am also planning on using "Pastel Pink" or "Melon" for the mini blurbs underneath the subheadings and any other small writing. I like these colors because they are very refreshing to look at and bring joy when you look at them.
Table of Contents
This color palette gives me butterflies and makes me want to design the contents page right now. I love using red for text colors, I just believe that it is very effective, bold, and always draws your eyes to the page. I want the contents headline to either be in "Rosso Carsa" or "Tart Orange", subheading to be "Claret", and blurbs in "Dark Sigma". The colors in this particular order will contrast each other nicely and stand out against a white background with a couple pictures attached to the contents page. I chose the colors to be bolder and brighter than the contents page because the audience will usually skip over this page but if I make it bold and attractive, maybe the audience will take time to look at the contents page. For the numbers at the bottom of the page, I will be using black.
Double-Page spread
For this spread, I wanted to choose colors that will contrast with my pictures of the dancer. I am planning on taking pictures at sunrise at the beach so the colors of orange and purple make sense to use. Not only that, the colors are very different and will make my text look creative and bring the whole page together. I believe that when I look at shades of purple and orange I think of royalty and power. These colors will introduce my article and the actual article text will be black.



No comments:
Post a Comment