Sunday, February 28, 2021

Editing my beach pictures 🌊💻

It has finally came! My project is officially under development. I decided to edit my beach photos first because they are easier to edit and there are less of them (my laziness really pulls through). I am editing all of my pictures through Adobe Lightroom Photoshop. Each of the photos I edited will have a before and after picture with me explaining what I fixed. 


Before



After

For this photo, the original background was clear but I did not like how the ocean and sand almost blended in with each other. Also, the dancer seemed to dark in the photo for me because I shot the photos with the sun behind them. I barely messed with the lighting because I did not want to over expose my image so I just added +5 to contrasting, highlights, whites and blacks. I learned to use the tone curve to help myself visualize the image while adjusting the settings. I than went on to adjust the colors by adding more blues and lightly saturating the image. (that's why the water looks perfect blue) As for texture and clarity, I added +15-20 for both to make every detail count. I also sharpened my image by +40 to add depth. I went onto the dancer and specifically exposed her by brushing her with +0.32.




Before



After
I used my trusty tone curve again by using darks and lighting the image. I went on again adding blue tints and saturation of the same number. Texture, clarity and sharpening were the same as well. I did not need to paint the dancer with light because she was visible before hand. As I continued editing, the settings are tending to remain the same because I figured out what I wanted.



Before



After

I had to over expose this image because my dancer was darker than the original girl. Also, the saturation and tinting of blue was less than the others because I did not want my image to look fake. The texture and clarity were on hyper focus at +30, same as the sharpening. I did have to brush my dancer with magical exposure and it added to the image but my goal is to use this as a silhouette for my contents page. 




Before



After

For this image, I under exposed and contrasted with highlights and whites to brighten up the image. I added blue tint with higher saturation. I barely clarified the image and the same for sharpening. This image was already good but with the added edits it just adds more umph to the image. I will use this for my contents page.



Before



After

I just absolutely adore this image. Maybe it is the fact that the lighting is perfect and I was able to get the depth of field to create lines or the sand and calm ocean in the background. I used my tone curve and added whites and negative exposure. I also tinted and saturated the image with clarification and sharpness. This image is being considered for my cover page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR #4️⃣💤

How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?  I used Piktochart to create my infographic for my fin...