Friday, October 30, 2020

It's sound time 🎶

 



    For this sound project, my partner and I were required to create a video-based off on only sounds. The storyline for our project was a fairly simple one, a morning routine. Actually, when we were coming up with an idea for the project it took seconds to think of. Morning routines are everyday tasks and often most American's routines consist of the same tasks. 

    Basic sounds that we used were flushing the toilet, a showerhead turning on, opening doors, using a blow dryer, and turning on the car. All of the sounds that we created were handmade and the second video will show some examples of that process. For example, I used a heal to mimic the sound of somebody walking through the house. Personally, I think that this project was a learning lesson for me because when I tried to create the sound of someone grabbing cereal and eating it, it sounded like a hulk smash. The sound did not translate the way that I wanted it to.

    All in all, everyday activities were quite difficult in the end to produce because we were too specific. What I mean by this is that we did not go across all types of audiences and only focused on women. (using makeup bottles to create the pop sound) What I take away from this project is that sounds are culturally created and have to impact all types of audiences so the message is understood. This was definitely a learning experience for me and I now understand why there are professionals who do this job and get paid tons of money for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR #4️⃣💤

How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?  I used Piktochart to create my infographic for my fin...